::MapleBurst::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Athena]'s GM Application

2 posters

Go down

[Athena]'s GM Application Empty Re: [Athena]'s GM Application

Post  Admin Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:36 pm

post has been approve and is in consideration
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mapleburst.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[Athena]'s GM Application Empty [Athena]'s GM Application

Post  Athena Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Name: Johnathan
IGN: Athena
Timezone: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Languages you speak: I can speak English fluently as well as writing and spelling in English.
How long have you played MapleBurst?: For about 3 - 4 days and I'm addicted to it already... I love the low rates and I especially love the friendly community.
What do you like about MapleBurst?: I like, for one, the fact that the server has a low population and that it has good, low rates. High rates are a thing that makes people get too lazy, bored, discouraged, and quit all too soon.
What do you hate about MapleBurst?: Well, I kind of hate the loneliness, but that does mean less competition for being the top player, so I'd say there's pretty much nothing to hate about this server.
How active are you?: I'm very active on most days. During the Summer, depending on my mood that day, I can get on for 5 - 8 hours, but if I'm in an especially good mood, it's usually 6-14 hours that day. However, during a school day, I would be on for about 3-4 hours.
Why do you want to be a GM in MapleBurst?: I want to become a GM on this server because it looks like it has a great community. The owner seems great in general, and the server looks nice. I want to help this server flourish...
Why do you think we'll choose you?: Well, I think you guys (the staff of MapleBurst) would choose me because I'm honest, trustworthy, active, and I despise hackers. I would try my best to help the server in any way I can. I would host fun events for all of the players and ban hackers here and there, sparing none. =]
Do you have experience being a GM?: Yes. I have been a GM in one of my friend's server and I've been a GM there for only about 2 hours before I got relieved of my duties. If I become a GM ever again, I promise to never abuse my powers.
How long have you played Maplestory?: I've played Maplestory over 1-2 years ago. The most I can remember is that I started playing this game after the first beta and before the second beta. I started joining private servers afterwards when I decided that Nexon was destroying the game, and private servers would allow me to experience the fun I've had before Nexon ruined the game for everyone.
Describe yourself: I joke a lot, and I like to have fun. I try to put myself in other people's shoes and think of what might make their gaming experience more fun, like fun types of events. I believe it's not suitable to be serious all of the time, but only when it's necessary. Even though I'm only 12, I can articulate and behave better than most 13+ year olds. For example, I don't use "ur" or "plz" and I try my best to spell things correctly. I also don't confuse "your" with "you're" and "its" with "it's".
Any last words?: Yes. I would like to demonstrate how I'd react to hackers just to prove that I'm suitable for this position. It depends how I come across the hacker, really.

A) If someone reports a hacker to me, I'd:

1) Immediately get into hide.
2) Warp to the Hacker.
3) Spy on him and stalk him for a while.

I) If I manage to catch him hacking, I'd take a SS and then ban him.
II) However, if I fail to do so on that day, I would write down his name and stalk him again along with the person who reported him.
III) If I cannot catch him, I would stalk him again for 3 days until I'm sure he isn't hacking. Then I'd give the person who reported him a warning for falsely accusing the other guy.

B) If I come across a hacker while checking every bit of the server, I'd:

1) Immediately right click on him and copy his name.
2) Get into hide just in case and take a SS.
3) Then I'd ban him.

NOW, why would I ban them? For instance, it's common sense not to hack. It may seem fun to you at first, but later on, it makes it BORING. It takes out the point of even PLAYING the game. It also discourages other people about playing legitly, which then encourages them to HACK to gain an unfair advantage over the legit players and at the same time, to become even with the other hackers. I've had my share of hackers, and I just HATE them. They have such an unfair advantage... and it disgusts me that they make new characters and hack on them as well, littering the whole game with characters hacking. Another reason is that they've had a warning already posted in the rules. The rules are enough of a warning already, therefore they shall be banned immediately.

And that, concludes my application to become a GM in this server. Thank you for taking the time to read this application, and I hope you choose me to become a member of the staff in this server. If you want to contact me, you could try at whitefaang@gmail.com (being younger than 13 limits you from lots of services). If you'd like me to re-do my application a certain way, I'd be happy to re-do it. Well, to everyone else, "Have a great time in MapleBurst!" xD If your eyes bleed from reading my application, it's not my fault and you should consult your doctor...

Last edited by Athena on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down